Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

need a little help on mgt

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
hillbilie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a little help on mgt

ok i recently just got a used mgt, i think its probably the older one im not sure. it has an axial .32. i need to retune the thing. what are the factory setting on the axial carb? the motor fires up and runs, but when i hit the throttle, then let off the throttle it does not return all the way to idle. if i hit the brakes it will. after letting go of the throttle the servo moves back and forth about an eight of an inch making the truck rev and not stay still. sometimes it does this and sometimes it returns to idle. i have a jr racing xs3, with the trim all the way down it still has this problem. also what makes the transmission on this truck shift? it ising going into second gear. and what fluid goes in the tranny?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
driller2948

Default RE: need a little help on mgt

I assume this happens after hi to medium speed running? You hit the break and the idle goes down release the break and the idle stays down? Or goes back up?

Are you running a throttle return spring? No install one this and re adjusting your throttle linkage may fix the problem.

If the above did not fix the problem then try this;
Your idle my be a little to hi! Try leaning out your low speed needle a 1/8 to 1/4 turn at a time! Each time you lean out and your idle climbs then just lower your idle a little. Most us run a little to rich and compensate by running the idle too hi. I'm no expert but I have been where you are before. I'm sure your not running the exact same fuel the previous owner ran! Take your time the engine will dial-in with a little time!

Chime in at the engine forum the will be much more helpful
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
jermainezey

the tranny use a grase but it what ever u wont to use
Old 04-12-2010, 06:47 PM
CranKitUP

this topic is six months old....:ee k:

why u bumping all these old topics up???????

DA
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
jermainezey

cuz u never know when sum one else will have the same question it may be today or a year from now then they will see my post and they will know what to do