RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Team Associated - Monster GT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/)
-   -   brakes don't work in new MGT 3.0 RTR (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/8450303-brakes-dont-work-new-mgt-3-0-rtr.html)

coyotegod 02-07-2009 08:34 PM

brakes don't work in new MGT 3.0 RTR

I am new to this nitro hobby so bare with me please. Got a new RTR MGT 3.0 today because of the great price and started to set it up according to the directions for break in. Got everything together and tested the radio functions before starting the engine and noticed that when I tested the brakes the servo arm barely moved and there was almost no movement in the brakes at all. Pull the trigger and the servo arm moved to engage the throttle nicely but going the other way nothing. I thought maybe the was enough movement and the brakes were just really close, so I started it up and began break in. The car will not stop, the brakes do not engage.

Went to the directions to see if there was anything on adjustment, nothing. Double checked the directions on the remote did what it said to do for adjustment, nothing. What do you guys think, I am too new at the hobby to get this one right.

Thanks

ryansiki 02-07-2009 10:14 PM

RE: brakes don't work in new MGT 3.0 RTR

Hmm.....you should try and phone to see what they say.l'll would maybe put a little oil on it but thats just me and I think oil can fix anything:D

Moongoose 02-07-2009 11:27 PM

Did you take off the servo arm and let the servo center itself and then reattach the arm to the same orientation it was in?

coyotegod 02-08-2009 10:24 PM

took the truck to a hobby shop. they guy did his best to adjust the brakes. it is much better now, but not nearly as good as my T-Maxx. I have an email it to Associated to see what they have to say.

dacaur 02-08-2009 11:51 PM

It would be great if you could automatically assume that any guy that works in a hobby shop knows what they are doing....
but I still have to ask...
Does the servo move the same amount in both directions? The radio that comes with the MGT 3.0 has high and low throttle endpoint adjustments... That's the first thing I would check to make sure the low endpoint adjustment isn't set wrong.....

coyotegod 02-09-2009 12:08 AM

How do you check the low end point adjustment? I looked through the manual and did not find that. No the servo does not move the same in both directions. It barely moves when applying the brakes.

ilanstylz 02-09-2009 12:23 AM

Sorry to get off subject, but what shop do you go to coyotegod? I live in Barstow so the only ones I know of are in Hesperia......... I just bought an MGT 3.0 as well so besides the brake issue, how do you like it so far?

dacaur 02-09-2009 12:50 AM

Sorry I'm not sure how to check it, but each knob and pot you can access on the radio should be labeled look for throttle end point or ATV (Adjustable Travel Volume).... i'm sure someone that has that truck can help you there.... On more thing it could be is the servo itself... did the guy at the shop test it by unplugging the throttle servo and plugging in a different servo to see if it does the same thing... (If not he should be fired) if it does the same thing the problem is either a defective radio, or just the throttle end point (ATV) set wrong. If it does NOT do the same thing, the problem is a defective servo.

coyotegod 02-09-2009 12:55 AM

okay found the lo/hi adjustments stuff in the manual. I also found the section on adjusting the brakes. I did all that was stated in the manual with no improvement. The servo just does not move enough to make the brakes effective. The only way I get an brake is to move the springs around to slightly engage the brakes so when the servo moves it will apply stopping power. I think I have a bad servo, guess I will call associated. Man I am bummed out, I will have to send it in; O'well know one said it would be easy!

dacaur 02-09-2009 02:09 AM

one more thing, is the trim knob for the throttle in the middle?

coyotegod 02-09-2009 12:45 PM

Yes the throttle trim is almost in the middle.

coyotegod 02-09-2009 01:04 PM

Called Associated they are sending me a new servo. They said that the servo should have equal throw in both directions so there is something up with mine. The tech said if it ends up not being the servo then it probably is the transmitter or receiver and I will need to send the whole RTR in for repair.