Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Sponsors and Aerobatic Team

Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Sponsors and Aerobatic Team

Old 07-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sponsors and Aerobatic Team

I would like to thank my sponsors for supporting me this year. My sponsors include JR/Horizon Hobbies. Excellent support, excellent products, top of the line quality equipment, fully functional, and great staff and people. I am thankful to be associated. YS Performance Products. YS Engines are powerful, provide good speed control, and excellent performance in all maneuvers and sequences. Central Hobbies. They support the U.S F3A team this year, but their products are world class and I highly recommend this supplier as a strong resouce for aerobatics and pattern related items. I also went to a lipoly pack from Tanikpacks. The battery, thier mid-level size pack, is what I switched to just before the NATS. My primary Brio test weighted at 10.96Lbs the evening before the NATS. I changed to their 860mA pack and dropped my battery weight from 3.7oz to 1.8 oz. No problems there. Sill enough capacity for 4 to 5 sequence/flights before charge. Danny was running the small one. It weighed 0.8 oz. (that's light). He says he gets 3 flights on this flight pack between charges with pleanty of margin on his electric Brio. I have flown True Turn Spinners, and recommend them. Magnum Fuels, I'm a dealer and recommend this fuel as a viable source for the YS DZ. I've burned a lot.

Team. Nothing is possible without a team. My wife for taking care of the admin things, my son for helping start/clean the planes, and most of all I'd like to thank my father who has been there each year calling, encouraging, mechanic-ing and even some coaching (have not got him in the judges chair yet though).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95400.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	302471  
Old 07-28-2005, 08:15 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sponsors and Aerobatic Team

ORIGINAL: Don Szczur

...I also went to a lipoly pack from Tanikpacks. The battery, thier mid-level size pack, is what I switched to just before the NATS. My primary Brio test weighted at 10.96Lbs the evening before the NATS. I changed to their 860mA pack and dropped my battery weight from 3.7oz to 1.8 oz. No problems there. Sill enough capacity for 4 to 5 sequence/flights before charge. Danny was running the small one. It weighed 0.8 oz. (that's light). He says he gets 3 flights on this flight pack between charges with pleanty of margin on his electric Brio. ...
Don,
Where do you find info on the Tanikpacks? I Googled their name, but their website appears to be down, and Google didn't bring up ANY other info.

Jon Lowe
Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Sponsors and Aerobatic Team

I'm used to monoKote, and special K. K factors, and all that Keeps me thinking about the letter K. Actually, I surprised I could remember anything as its getting late (again). They are actually:

Tanicpacks

http://www.tanicpacks.com/

By the way I REALLY like their opening (disclaimer/agreement) page.