Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Make the 33% a hair bigger to hide the plug caps:)

Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes make it a hair bigger
61.54%
No we don't care
38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Make the 33% a hair bigger to hide the plug caps:)

Old 08-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Randy Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make the 33% a hair bigger to hide the plug caps:)

I love my airplane alot, but one thing I wish MM would do is make the 33% just a hair bigger so us guys with the DA 100's and 3W's could have our plug caps sitting inside the cowl instead of having to cut out the sides to fit the better motors<my opinion>

Its just a shame making so great of a job on these 33% and having to cut out for the plugs
Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92203.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	163049  
Old 08-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Make the 33% a hair bigger to hide the plug caps:)

I find that mine fit!
I do have a H9 Cap and BME 102
Old 08-12-2004, 01:02 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Actaully, the 33%ers are a little small for a 100cc. I know a lot of guys are going it and its fine as line as smart throttle management is used. Never the less, if someone less experienced flies them full bore with a 100cc its much more likely to blow th eplane apart, which is why we dont recommend 100cc in them or taylor them to fit the 100 just right.

OK, having said that, I m going to put a DA100 inmy Edge and give it a whirl. Lots of throttle management though and a 3-blade to quiet and tame down the ower some.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Randy Brown

Mike this has to be a first.. LOLOLOLOL

And your not getting my Biela

ORIGINAL: MMcConville

Lots of throttle management though and a 3-blade to quiet and tame down the ower some.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:35 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Actually no. I'm flying a Mejelek 28.5 x 12 3-blade on my Carden Extra now. On a competition plane I'm just hesitant to use any prop that has a penelty in performance. Before I tried this prop, I had found no 3-blade that was even close to a good 2-blade. This one pulls up and breaks on downlines very similar to the best 2-blade I had found, which is the Mejelek 32 x 10.

Dont know where I'll end up on proping my 40% models but this 3-blade shows real promise.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Randy Brown

If you ever have a chance Mike when you have a DA 100 in one of the 33% and you see someone with a biela 26-10 3blade ask to try it to compair to a 2 blade.. I was realy impressed on how well it worked with still not lossing the pull of the 2blade but gaining alot of breaking over the 2blade on the downlines. I had actully had a 25-12 mezlick on my suk which was still good..but over all once I threw that biela on when we where down at the JR challenge I have never taken it off it works just so much better over all atleast in my Suk

Randy