Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Webra

Old 08-19-2004, 12:39 AM
DaveR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra

Mike, I don't know how much input Horizon has with Webra, but how about getting your Webra guys to talk to Webra Austria about making a side exhaust version of the Webra 160 pattern engine. After all, it's not like they'd have to design it from scratch. All you have to do is look at the forums to see how many OS 160's your competitor sells and see there's a market to jump in. Certainly the OS 160 is a fine engine, but the Webra 160 is the finest engine in this class, nothing touches it for power, muffler or pipe. Plus, looking at the forum, a large portion of these guys are adding pumps, the Webra already has one. It'd be an excellent choice for the H9 73" Edge and planes of that size. Why not take advantage of the existing design and parts? Offer it with the MC carb(for those who want the best) and with reg carb(could come closer to OS in price once added value of the pump is taken into account).
Old 08-21-2004, 08:51 AM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Webra

The Webra has one major flaw that needs to be addressed. It is called bearings. They cage rusts quickly and the balls are possibly undersized. Just compare to the OS and you'll see. The average schmo will not tolerate it. The bearing issue is wearing a little thin with me. I wil wait and see how the Stainless Steel bearings work if and when Boca gets them in. All I ask is for at least 100 plus flights on them. I get anywhere from 25 to 75 on them now. I use an afterrun oil, as well. Otherwise, they run great and have plenty of power.