Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Corsair 90 question

Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Hangar 9 Corsair 90 question

Old 08-24-2004, 11:20 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Corsair 90 question

Guys, I have another question for anyone flying our Corsair. Are you using the retracts we supplied with the model, or did you try them? If so, what issue do you have with them?
Old 08-24-2004, 11:29 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Corsair 90 question

i Had to replace mine, and I used the Century Jet retracts. They give a sturdier feel with no wobble. The supplied retracts were to hard to get them to lock securely with no play. Others I have spoke with personally claim that they were losing the attachment at the bellcrank(?) and that they fixed this problem with a sturdier attachment using a heavier ball link. If Horizon sold this plane without the retracts they could do just as well. I love mine, and fly it almost every weekend. It flies and looks great in the air with a .90 four stroke.
Tommy
Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 PM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Mike, thanks for asking. I have one of the very first ones that were shipped but it has never been flown. I was just never comfortable with the retracts as they don't reliably lock in place (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't) and the one day I took it to the field, I had the left one collapse twice on two takeoff attempts so I just put it away. I'm not really much of a warbird fan anyway, just bought it to please the wife, so it has been hanging in the shop ever since. If you plan on offering an upgrade or a mod, let me know, she would really like to see this bird actually fly. Since it is something that I personally don't have the hots for, I'm not likely to do as so many others seem to have done and buy Robarts or similar retracts for it. Beautiful plane though/
Old 08-30-2004, 09:07 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

That sounds to me like there isnt enough servo throw. I'd try using a larger retract servo arm. There are new ball links for the retracts now, which wont pop off and allow the struts to turn sideways.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info, I'll check into it.