Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

H9 Sukhoi snaps?

Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

H9 Sukhoi snaps?

Old 09-01-2004, 09:00 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Sukhoi snaps?

Mike or anyone,

I was out practicing last night with a fairly new sukhoi and I just can't seem to get it to snap cleanly. it just seems to waller around. No clean break and rotation. I tried more and less control throws on all surfaces independently of each other with out much success. The plane flies like the CG is real close (inverted feels right and downlines track pretty straight). I will fiddle with the throws some more tonight. I don't have the manual so I have no idea what the recommended throws are. Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 AM
cmitch232
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: H9 Sukhoi snaps?

If you go the Horizon Hobbies website, you can download the manual that will give you the throws. Mine snaps like a pro. You probably need more throw on your surfaces.

Keep 'em flyin'

cmitch232
Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Sounds like your snaps are getting too deep. I'd reduce the rudder and be sure to unload the elevator in the snaps.
Unloading elevator is KEY to doing good snaps.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:27 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Mike,

Are the standard rate throws in the manual about right for good IMAC precision? Also, where do you run the CG for precision? I read that the CG in the manual was off.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

For me yes. The standard (low) rate throws in the manual are from my model. The CG was way off in the manual. I like the CG at 1/8" behind the wing tube.