Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Don Lowe Masters/Mike McConville

Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Don Lowe Masters/Mike McConville

Old 10-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Dan_nO
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Lowe Masters/Mike McConville

Hey Guys, I and a buddy of mine WH, got the pleasure of getting to meet Mike McConville and Brian Hueffmeier. I had been talking with Mike via email back and forth a bit the week before he was to leave to go to the Masters, he was coming through Kentucky on his way and I asked if it would be possible for him to stop and eat lunch, he said sure ! Let me tell you guys, it was a treat to get to meet Mike and Brian, very down to earth and both were just like one of the guys, they made me feel like i had always known them, getting to meet the both of them is something that i wll never forget ! They pull into the place where we are going to eat and they go back and open up the trailer.....MAN those planes are HUGE !!! I was beside myself setting and looking at those planes. To me, getting to meet the both of them meant as much as getting to meet a Nascar driver haha.....i mean, these guys are the tops of the tops in our sport/hobby.....so it was something that was really special to me.

At first when i was talking with Mike via email, i knew that he worked for Horizon Hobby and all, but i didnt know or have any idea that he did what he did as to the competition and stuff, and here i had been talking with him all along and didnt have any idea as to whom i was talking with.

Im hoping to get to go to the next MASTERS if things work out then, i was unable to get to go this time, Im paralized from the waist down and in a wheelchair, its kind of hard to take off and go on a long trip by myself as to if something were to happen on the road, maybe next time with a little better planning i can hook up with Mike and follow him to Greenville when he comes through Ky, he said it wouldnt be a problem with me following so i think i might take him up on it next time

Here is the link for any that are interested to veiw the scores from each days event at the MASTERS...... http://www.joenall.com/joenall2/scoring.html

Mike, Brian, THANKS for stopping on your way, it really was something to get to meet the both of you !!! Top notch guys !

Danny
Old 10-01-2004, 11:07 PM
bentgear

Default RE: Don Lowe Masters/Mike McConville

Danny, I think many of the top flyers turn out to be great guys when you meet them in person. I bet it was an interesting experience for you.

BTW, was he able to help with the twist?

Ed M.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Dan_nO
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Don Lowe Masters/Mike McConville

Hi Bentgear......yes it was an experience to say the least to get to meet Mike and Brian.....Ive flown for about 18 years, havent been around here on the forum to long, ive never been to a contest anywhere, im just a guy who goes and flies at at our local field and have never kept up with who is who and these competitions and such....i started watching some of the vids here on the forum and the 3D flying kind of struck an interest with me as i was just amazed, sooo i started seeing the names of different ones and all, and had been talking to Mike about my Twist, and as i said, i knew he was with Horizon, but didnt have any idea as to what he really did.....so as you can imagine once i got to researching and reading and finding out more as to who these guys were, and then Mike and Brian and as to who the both of them were, it was really something to get to meet them.

Yes, Mike got me straightened out with my twist, it was a balance issue i had