Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Showtime 4D 2C Engine installation

Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Showtime 4D 2C Engine installation

Old 11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Arizona Flyer
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime 4D 2C Engine installation

Hello all,

I would like some help regarding the ShowTime 4D 90. We went with an OS FS-120 w/pump and balanced it at 7.5 inches from the leading edge (about where the triangle shape hole in the fuse is). I have test flown this bird now 3 times and been lucky to get it back on the ground. It is super sensitive to pitch and tip stalls very easily. In a 80-90 degree bank, I will apply normal back pressure and the result is a stall and opposite bank. When I attempt to land, a slight amount too much elevator and it will balloon terribly. I tried the cg forward (4 inches from LE) and the tip stalls worsened. Also to my surprise, even the OS 120 seemed a bit under powered, don't think it will hover, although have not tried (still just trying to fly it).

What I could use some help with is the correct throws and expo settings. I really want to think this is a setup problem. Apologies if wrong forum for this question, first post.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
patrebert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime 4D 2C Engine installation

Am finishing up a Showtime with a Super Tigre 90 engine. Per Mike's recommendation, I bought
a Bisson Pitts style muffler but discovered that it could not be installed using the provided engine
mounts due to interference. Considered hacking on the engine mount to provide the needed clearance,
but ended up making a 1/8" Aluminum spacer on my mill instead to fit between the muffler and exhaust port.
A 5/16" end mill matches the exhaust port width nicely, and used #29 drill for the mounting screw holes.