Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Extra 260 Servo Arm Lengths

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Extra 260 Servo Arm Lengths

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:35 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra 260 Servo Arm Lengths

Hi Mike,

I am putting together an Extra 260 and the manual is useless when it comes to servo arm selection. I want to know the recommended length servo arms to use and all the manual says is to use a specific JR servo arm and provides the model number. Now what good does that do me if I'm not using JR servos? I looked at the servo arms on the Horizon web site and no sizes are given there either. Now what if I were running JR servos in another plane and had an interest in using the arms - no technical specs means I could order them only to find out they aren't quite what I need - all at a cost of $10.00 per arm.

I don't have a problem that the manual recommends a specific servo arm or brand but why not write a manual that serves the needs of the customer instead of the wishes of some marketing person in the front office?

I guess I could measure the horns on the control surfaces and come up with my own numbers but this is an ARF after all. The engineering is supposed to be taken care of so the customer can get the plane in the air with minimal assembly time!

So Mike, can you help me out here with some real numbers?

Thanks!

FlyerBry
Old 10-08-2005, 02:22 PM
IShootSharpStix
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Extra 260 Servo Arm Lengths

Just finished mine. Used 1 1/4 inch arms from SWB.
http://www.swbmfg.com/
Old 10-08-2005, 06:03 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Extra 260 Servo Arm Lengths

IShootSharpStix,

Thanks a bunch. Those look very nice!

FlyerBry