Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

MW Pitts Super Stinker question

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

MW Pitts Super Stinker question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:20 AM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MW Pitts Super Stinker question

Hi Mike,

I know this may test you memory, however it doesn't hurt to ask. On the MW Pitts Super Stinker, the plans show the two top wing hold-down bolts are countersunk. The manual does not mention countersinking the bolts. Is there a reason not to countersink the top two hold-down bolts? It looks like the blocks may get a little thin if the countersink goes too deep. What do you think?

BTW, I've been talking to Sean Worthington about his Pitts S1-11b. Sean mentioned that he had a discussion with you regarding the performance "limitations" of the Pitts design relative to the Ultimate. I'm sure that must have been an interesting discussion.

Scott

Old 04-10-2006, 02:30 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: MW Pitts Super Stinker question

If you knew how bad my memory is you wouldnt even have asked. I wish I could help, but I have no idea. That was hmmmmm.......12 years ago.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:40 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I gently counter sunk my holes so the top of the wing (being dark) would not show the bolts (Black Dubro bolts).
Old 04-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

Tailskid,

Thanks for the info. I countersunk the bolt heads just even with the wing surface. The plans show a depth of .450" on the front bolt and .375" on the back. My depth is .125" on each.

Scott