Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Showtime 90 incidences

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Showtime 90 incidences

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 AM
frisconick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 90 incidences

Mike,

I'm having some trouble with my Showtime. For level flight, I'm having to carry quite a bit of up elevator which causes it to mush along at landing speed. It's had a couple of "hard landings" and some repair. One of the guys at Hangar 9 told me the datum line is the hatch edge and both the stab and wing are at 0 degrees. I'm OK there, but they couldn't tell me what the down and right thrust on the engine is supposed to be. I searched your thread, but couldn't find anything on it. Can you help with this info.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Old 04-02-2007, 12:03 PM
frisconick

Default RE: Showtime 90 incidences

Mike,

I forgot to mention that I already moved the CG back trying to correct the problem. It's now at 8 1/16" behind the leading edge. I hesitate to go any farther back, no??

Nick
Old 04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
frisconick

Mike,

Seems like I'm answering my own questions here. I think I found the answer in another one of your threads - The wing, engine and stab are all set at zero. Mine currently measures 1.4 degrees down. If 0,0,0 isn't true, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

0-0-0 is correct. It has 2 degrees right thrust. However the top of the fuse is not the datum line. To measure the angles, zero the wing and then measure the engine and stab relative to it. If the wing is slightly positive (LE up) thisis fine up to 1/2 degree.

The up elevator trim wont cause it to mush on landing. It should generally have no effect actually. If it mushes on landing, meaning the tail drops then it is simply tail heavy.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 AM
frisconick

Thanks Mike. I'll make the adjustments and give it another try this weekend.

Nick
Old 07-27-2007, 10:19 AM
il.mere

In my first showtime i had 2,5° positive engine and wing and stab 0° and flying very well,in this new i have 0-0-0 and don't flies also well same my first plane..now i want to try putt the engine at 2,5°positive and see if it flies better..