Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Eflite Extra 260 3D 480 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Eflite Extra 260 3D 480 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
r/cdawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eflite Extra 260 3D 480 ARF

Hi Mike,

I have a couple questions about the new Extra 260 coming soon by Eflite. I am currently flying a Seagull Extra 300 with the stock set up (480/1020 outrunner, EF 40a ESC, TP2100PL, etc...). Very nice flying plane, and a very reasonable 3D performer despite not being sold as such. I was wondering how the Ef 260 will compare to the SG 300 in a couple areas.

1. The SG 300 seems to be slighly lacking in rudder area. I say this because while hovering if the nose gets blown slightly off vertical full rudder will not bring it back without a significant increase in power. I have all the rudder throw available (the rudder will just touch the elevator) and I am using a HS-65 on the rudder. Is there more rudder area on the Ef 260 compared to the SG 300, and how "stable" is the Ef 260 to hover? I have been hovering, tail-touching, hover hand launching and catching my balsa profiles for a while so the SG 300 is not the first plane I've tried to hover.

2. The wing area in the specs shows 375" square. Is this including an amount for the fuselage or strictly just the wing? The Seagull Extra 300 shows 367" square but when I measure just the wing I come up with a number slightly less than that.

3. Is the Ef 260 going to weigh closer to the 29 ounce top end weight shown with the stock set up shown above in my Seagull Extra? My Extra as equipted above weighs 32 ounces on the nose so lighter would be really sweet.

Thank you in advance for any comments you might be willing to share concerning the above questions.

r/cdawg