Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Problem With Showtime 50

Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Problem With Showtime 50

Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
jklatt16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem With Showtime 50

Hi Mike I have had 2 Showtime 50's and the fly great but the rudder has ripped off on both. One it distroyed it and the other never even left the ground. Now the first one I thought I just might have messed something up when building it, but, I bought a second one and had a a member of my local rc club build it. It seemed strong. I got about 7-8 flights on it and then I was taking off and the rudder just ripped off. It also ripped the pull pull rudder servo and tray out of place just cracking it to pieces. I know the person who built the second one has been building for 25 years and he has never had a problem like this. I have been flying and building for about 8 years and I havent either. I dont know what to do because I was supposed to be at a show not this Sat. but the next. I dont have time to send it in and and wait for another one. And then build it in time. I would like to try the funtana x50 maybe but Im also thinking about going with the Fliton Edge 540 to give it a try. Ive spent over $900 on the two planes and equipment and now dont no what to do. Help please!!![sm=cry_smile.gif] I've always bought my rc stuff from Horizon Hobby and like the company but this shouldnt happen. I never even made it off the ground. No wind and nice day so I thought I would go flying. Well now Im SOL. Can you help me? Thanks, Jared Klatt IA
Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
jklatt16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem With Showtime 50

If you want you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Jared
Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Problem With Showtime 50

JKatt

Seal all the gaps on the rudder/elevator and aileron. You may be getting pulses from the motor causing it to rip off. I just fixed a 110 ugly stick with an OS 160 on it. he lost 2 rudders, and that fixed it permanently.

On the rudder seal it on both sides, adds a little strength to the hinge, and place a toothpic in the center hinge on both sides and snip it off, or use a small wood screw, or straight pin, and cut it off on either side of the hinge.

Also, you may need a stronger rudder servo, and tighter cables. Are you using the 3 inch spread on the servo arms? You should be. Is any slack getting in pull pull during movement. If so, then redo the geometry.

Thats about all I can think of. If that doesn't work, then I dont know.

hope that helps bro!!
g