Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Sundowner and the Saito 180

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Sundowner and the Saito 180

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner and the Saito 180

Have asked this question on another post and got no response. Great looking and building plane. But would like to know if you have flown it with the 180 on it and if so how did it perform? I have been bolting mine on this afetnoon and got to trying to hook up the throttle servo and throttle rod and have not figured out exactly how they made it work right as of yet. In the manuel it looks real easy and is notched for the 180 but it is not right. Will have to do something just don't know what yet. If you have any suggestions that would be much appreciated. Everything else has gone together just fine so far. Thanks for such a great looking plane. Just need a little help with the trottle part of it. Also I see no cutouts in the cowl in any of your ads or anything anywhere and thought I was not going to have to chop my cowl up it is the best looking part of the plane but have seen no other way. And that was the seller for me was how the cowl looked so cool. Got any ideas there maybe a muffler adapter of some kind i don't know about. Thanks in advance for responding or hope you do anyway.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:03 AM
kid chuckles

Default RE: Sundowner and the Saito 180

Why cannot I get a reply from anyone? Is this post not important enough for you or what? I have had difficulties trying to get the throttle linkage hooked up properly and there is a very important piece a rt. angle adapter for the muffler that is not spoken of anywhere in the manuel or with the Saito 180 motor I am putting on. This part I just happened to see in the pic of the manuel but it is not mentioned at all. If putting a Saito 180 on your Sundowners and trying to keep from mutilating the cowl you have to have the adapter and it is on backorder until sometime in Sept. Would appreicate a recponse from you Mike if you would be so kind as to give some insight as to how this plane flys with this motor.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

It flies great with the Saito. It is a much lighter weight set-up than the EVO 35 and while not as flat out fast, its a much better all around flying airplane. Use an APC 16 X 8.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:01 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

BTW, sorry for the dealy. I have VERY little time to spend here, so there are no gurantees of fast answers from me to any questions posted here.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:27 AM
kid chuckles

Thanks that is what i was waiting to hear fired it up and now just waiting for the adapter to come in and it will be ready to fly. Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Airnondas
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

I am building one with Saito 180 also.

Have you flown yours yet, if so how does it perform and did you use the stock tailwheel set-up.

Thanks