Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Retrofit or New?

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Retrofit or New?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:59 AM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit or New?

Hey Mike. Should I retrofit my standard 9303 with a new 2.4 module and receiver or sell it and get a new 2.4 system? I fly IMAC with a 30% Yak, a couple small glow planes and a nitro heli. Does the retrofit perform any better or worse than a new system?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Retrofit or New?

Either are great. The 9303 with the 2.4 module will perform pretty much the same as it did on 72mhz. The latency and resolution (1024) are the same. We do find that most people feel a little more connected when they switch to the 2.4 module and that is due to the fact that the Spektrum 2.4 RF link generally is stronger than the 72mhz link was.

The X9303 2.4 is faster, at about 1/2 the latency of the module system and is also 2048 resolution. So yes there is a performance advantage with the new system, but if you were happy with the 9303 on 72 meg, your'll have the same or lightly better feel using the module in that tx.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:04 PM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Retrofit or New?

yes, that helps greatly. thank you for the quick response.