Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

KE snap to KE

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Ute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KE snap to KE

Flying left to right in KE, canopy towards me, what is the best way to snap to to KE?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2008, 10:21 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: KE snap to KE

1 snap back to the same KE or 1-1/2 snap to the oppisite side?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Ute

What stick positions do you use for one snap back to same flight orientation?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

First, you always want to snap in the direction of the top rudder you are holding. You never want to do a bottom rudder snap from knife edge.
So in the situation where you are coming left to right, canopy toward you, top rudder is to the left. So you want to do a left positive snap or a right negative snap. Dont try to cross rudder on the entry.

Then, like any other snap, you want to load the elevator briefly at the beginning and unload it very quickly. On a KE snap, I use even less elevator at the beginning.
The only other thing that is unique to a snap the stops on KE, is at the moment you stop the rotation, you need to release the rudder very briefly and then add back in the top rudder to hold the KE.
If you try to just hang onto the rudder, often the model wont unstall and will continue to rotate through.

Energy management is importand and a deep snap (not unloading the elevator and/or too much rudder) will make stopping difficult and leave inadequate speed to continue to fly on KE.

Basically thats it.