Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

tail wires

Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Kenny T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail wires

Mike , I dont know if you have ever tried this but here goes , I have on 2 models ,your old extra w/ moki 1.8 and a weeks soultion w/ sachs 3.2 gas . The tail wire bracing is 120 lb braid fishing line , I put 3/8 dowels in the vert. and horz stabs then drilled a hole in them about the size of a round toothpick-then ran the braid fishing line thru all (1 contionus peice) then fastened then at the bottom of the fuse at the tail wheel . After you have the line tight put toothpicks into the holes with the line and add a couple of drops of thin CA. super light weight tail wires , I have 100s of filghts and never failed , some over 10 yrs old done this way . its the only way I will ever do tail wires. Try it you will see what I mean