RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   TEAM RCU - Mike McConville (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-rcu-mike-mcconville-321/)
-   -   Wanna Do It Right (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-rcu-mike-mcconville-321/11462026-wanna-do-right.html)

tes21966 03-29-2013 09:05 PM

Wanna Do It Right

Looking some direction. I have had quiet a few plane over the years mostly glow because I like the faster stuff with just a few gassers mostly which were purchased RTF for the most part. I have liked the H9/Carden Hybrid Yak since it first came out a few years ago and recently acquired one NIB. I want to do this plane right especially being it is a plane I have always wanted and it is no longer produced and I am not trying to create a speed demon.

Here is the direction I am thinking and really hoping that if I am getting off track you guys will steer me straight. I am currently flying with a JR 9503 which I think is a great radio and I really like it. It is one of the first models that came out and the first 2.4 I bought after retiring my FM 9303. So I plan to stick with that radio. Like I said the airframe is the 50 cc H9/Carden Yak. This is as much as I have purchased but here is a tentative shopping list and where I need some direction: I am leaning towards a DA Engine 50 or 60 cc with Slimline Pitts Muffler, Wike IBEF cutoff (No External Switch), Dual Hobbico LiFe 3200 mHa batteries with a Smart Fly Bat Share, JR R922X Powersafe Receiver w/4 satellites (No External Switches), Spektrum DS821 Servos on throttle and choke, Spektrum A6030 on Rudder, Spektrum A6020 on wings and elevator (None of the servos are HV), DA Fuel Dot, HiTec HD twisted wire extensions, and a Vess Prop with a purple Tru Turn Spinner. Trying to be as specific as possible.

With all of this said, do I need a Smart Fly Power Expander? Are these Servos the right choice? Is it a mistake by not using any switches other than the soft switch on the JR Receiver? Is the factory hardware sufficient? Please do not take this as sounding arrogant that is not what I mean but I am not worried about trying to save a few dollars. I am after a first rate 50 cc Airplane.

Now, WHAT SAY YOU? If I am not asking too much, please elaborate.

Thanks,
tes21966

MMcConville 05-24-2013 10:06 AM

RE: Wanna Do It Right

I never come in here anymore so I just saw this post. Better late than never I hope.

Honestly the equipment you describe seems a bit overkill for a 60cc model...i.e. heavy.

Two 3200mAh batteries are a lot! I use 2 2000mAh Lipo packs in my 60cc models. You do not need a powerr expander. Thats just more additional weight.

Factory hardware is good. Servo choices are fine. The softswitch works fin in the POwer safe rx. remember not to leave the batts plugged into the rx when you arent at the flying field. It will slowy drain the batteries over several days.

DA 60 is a LOT more power than the 50. I would get tyhe 60 for sure.

Hope this helps!