Community
Search
Notices
Thunder Tiger Engine Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about Thunder Tiger Engines here!

THUNDER TIGER FOUR STROKE

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
tberry 3029

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THUNDER TIGER FOUR STROKE

I need help! My thunder tiger 91 four stroke will knock and throw the prop nut when i point the nose up or put it in a climb the nut just comes loose. I have put a locking nut and a spinner nut but it still comes loose. I have tried low nitro .This engine does have some time on it. I have set the valves and check ihe timing that means i checked and they may still be wrong if that can cause this?

THANKS
Travis

Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: THUNDER TIGER FOUR STROKE

There are several causes for this but the most common one is that the engine is running too lean, as when you tilt the nose up or put the plane in a climb, as you point out.

Try making it a bit richer and also check for restrictions in the fuel line (which would make it lean, if you never re-adjusted the HSN).

Just my $.02

Bob
Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 AM
tberry 3029

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THUNDER TIGER FOUR STROKE

Thanks Bob i will try that.

lltry that and see if it woeks