Notices

Raptor 30 v2 tail wag apon landing

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 v2 tail wag apon landing

hello everyone, i just got back from taking my "flying test" up at the club on my raptor. this was the first time i ever used my DX6i for the heli, it seemed to do good. my head speed i think was low. there was wind, but during forward flight the heli dropped and barely had any lift, was that my head speed or the gust of wind? (We fly on top of a hill, very windy) but my main question is what happened to my gyro? during my turn my tail moved in a notchy way. it didnt slide at all. apon landing about an inch off the ground the tail started wagging, REALLY FAST! the helicopter shook on its axis. what happened? does anyone know? im using the ace hobby TG7000 heading lock gyro. could my foam have been solid and the vibration from the engine went to he gyro? it was FREEZING!

thanks!

P.S. sorry for all these questions, there's only one heli guy at my club and the last, first, and only time i've previously seen him, we were both teaching eachother a few things.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Callouscade

Default RE: Raptor 30 v2 tail wag apon landing

i checked everything today, servo seems to work fine, is a digital servo supposed to make a funny noise when its in the middle of its throw? the belt is tight, perfect shape, i have equal positive/negative pitch on the tail rotor. everything spins fine, the main gear has all its teeth, same with the pinion, the motor is mounted securely, the linkages are lubed and slide nicely, the gyro foam is squishy... I DONT KNOW WHAT'S WRONG!!
i have no way of checking head speed, could my head speed have been too high/low? how can i tell, i don't have a tachometer. during my right slow rudder turn and the landing the tail just waggs super fast. it scared me and the other guys flying to death! every nut bolt and screw is tight an ddouble checked. the ONLY thing i noticed is that the servo makes a funny noise when being held in the middle of its throw, and in normal mode the servo twitches tapidly when i hold it half was to the left or right... is my servo bad? should it be just like an anolog servo? (it's digital)
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
krisma

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not that I can say I know what the problem is, but did you have this same problem with whatever tx you used previously, or is this problem new with the new tx?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Callouscade

no i didnt. could it be my gain? it might be slightly different on the new TX. i'll take the gain down. im going flying shortly to experiment.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM
krisma

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...so what was your fix on the tail wagging before the carb incident?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Callouscade

well during my flight before the carb incident, i took the gain down, but now theres a good 3 inch back and forth slow wag of the tail. like its dancing lol. ill slowly increase the gain once i get back in the air. that's what i'd planned to do, but i was hogging the runway as well, so i landed to refuel, and then the carb problem>: ( i have my MCX thats it now! SR ESC failed. gotta love the mechanical/electronical nightmares helis are.

thanks for all the help!