Search
Notices

Raptor 30 V2 Tail clicking sound HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:42 AM
fernando13e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 V2 Tail clicking sound HELP

Good afternoon guys, i recently changed my belt, tail rotor hub, tail shaft, and tail grip bearings, and i started to note some sort of clicking sound coming from the tail box, i secured the pin with ca and screwed in the press screw that goes through the shaft and secures the pin, i double checked the tension of the belt and it has like 5 or 6mm of play when i push it with my finger on the auto hub, i can only hear that sound when i spool down and turn off my engine, then after 30 or 40 minutes i hear the same clicking noise but much quieter than when i finished flying, i can barely hear it if i put my ear on the tail box, i know its coming from there because on the main gear everything is fine, and my belt is not sliping, i double checked that too, please help me to sort this out i checked every possible cause of this and nothing, i played with the belt tension and nothing, maybe the bearings are wearing out? please help i dont want my belt to wear out and break in flight. Thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2011, 01:41 PM
fernando13e

Default RE: Raptor 30 V2 Tail clicking sound HELP

Bump?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

the SAME EXACT thing just happened to me when flying monday in really hot weather. then i spooled back up then down and it was gone. i don't know what caused it. my theory is that the belt is hitting itself or something is hitting the belt because if ya notice, it's once every tail rotor revolution. spool it up with it on the ground and let the rotors spin at full speed for a minute or so and dont throttle down, just kill the engine and hit the throttle cut. the noise will prolly be gone.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 AM
stryker11
My Feedback: (1)

I know you have found your problem by now but, The tail rotor gear pin came out of mine.