Notices

Raptor 30 V2 strips my servos

Old 10-08-2003, 12:45 PM
pistole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor 30 V2 strips my servos

I have some mild advice for Voodoo,

1. Don't fly/build/arf any more helis till you sort out your building skills,

2. Don't 'assist' and/or 'help' others in building/setup of their helis until you've done the above, and

3. Whenever you fly your helis , let EVERYONE in the vicinity know that you're flying a heli that will strip her aileron/elevator servos at anytime. This is so as to allow everyone else to get the hell out of your way.

Cheers.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:11 PM
voodoodrul
My Feedback: (9)

Are you 13 years old, pistole?

What goes around comes around...
Old 10-08-2003, 01:27 PM
pistole

Old 10-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Galifrey

voodoodrul

if you have reduced travel to stop the binding in the corners (which if different to your friends is down to overall travel/servo horn length) then you will not get as good a cyclic travel on aileron/elevator alone...

25 degrees of tilt? What pitch change does that give on the blades? You should have about 6-7 degrees of pitch change on the blades...

Is your flybar link screwed to the outer hole of the washout arm? if not move it to the outer hole (inner is for novice only)

Old 10-08-2003, 01:33 PM
pistole

I have to learn to be as patient as Glenn or Galifrey. Its just that I get my knickers in a twist whenever I see someone knock a good product due to his own self-induced errors , and worse , when this person refuses to see the light when its pointed out to him in 20,000 watt fashion.

Cheers.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:51 PM
voodoodrul
My Feedback: (9)

Glenn,

Ooo! Very good point on the washout arm ball link. I was playing around last night and tested by putting that link back on the inner one and found that the mixing arms could almost hit again..

See, I haven't had this problem since I switched the head to all 3D a few months ago.. But I did want to pass the idea around to see what might have been causing it at the time. I think that the combination of using the inner ball link on the washout arms and having the heli setup for completely non-3D flight (no negative pitch at all) didn't help much when I got to whipping the thing around using heavy control input. The low head speed back then probably didn't help either..

I dunno.. The fact that this isn't even close to a problem on the other ARF seems odd.. The other helis I've owned have all flown flawlessly mainly because I'm anal about the build process and those were kits. I don't have time to build anymore though...