Notices

Raptor .30 V2 Blades

Old 12-21-2003, 11:49 PM
bgeorge
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor .30 V2 Blades

I have a question in regards to the raptor .30 V2 blades. I just glued the blade holders in with epoxy like it asked for in the manual. I cut away the covering to put the glue there but I put a heating iron to the covering to try and get it to stick but it shrunk right up so I just cut it off evenly about an inch from the end. Will this affect anything when I balance it or will I have to buy new blades? Thank you
Old 12-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Raptor .30 V2 Blades

Will this affect anything when I balance it or will I have to buy new blades
Your going to have to rebalance the blades, so no it wont affect them. The big thing is, if there is any wood showing you will have to put something on it to cover it. Wood will soak up oil over time and that will make the blades weak. You have to put something on it that is oil Resistance. A lot of people just use paint or some kind of a clear coat. If you are new to flying helis the blades probably wont last long anyway (I hate to say that, but it's true) everyone crashes sooner or later.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:26 AM
bgeorge
My Feedback: (1)

lol I will get them balanced like they are then haha I know im in for a crash or 2 in the learning phase but after I get the hang of it all im going to buy myself a good pair of CF blades.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:06 AM
raptor_dude

Cover them anyways! It's a safty thing!

Colin
Old 12-26-2003, 05:09 PM
NZ-Kiwi flyer

Sorry for my silly questions but why is covering them a safety thing.?? Do they fly apart if you dont?. What is the best thing to cover them with?
Cheye