Reload this Page >

Just installed new OS .32 SX-H! [Raptor 30 Build-Up Pics]

Notices

Just installed new OS .32 SX-H! [Raptor 30 Build-Up Pics]

Old 02-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Atomrcp Matt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed new OS .32 SX-H! [Raptor 30 Build-Up Pics]

Just got my OS .32 SX-H Engine, DBC Boom Servo Mount, DBC OS 32 Pipe and DBC Throttle Arm from HeliProz.com [Excellent Service]!

OS .32 SX-H assembled and ready to be installed!

Some side Shots after installation!

Some side Shots with Canopy installed!

Thanks again to HeliProz.com! I can't say enough about thier great Service!
Old 02-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Just installed new OS .32 SX-H! [Raptor 30 Build-Up Pics]

sweet.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:33 PM
NZ-Kiwi flyer

Heli looks great and good luck with the first flight.
Have a question for you. I have the same header tank as you and have noticed that yours is hooked up differently. My header tank has the same 3 connectors at the front as you but you are not using the middle one. Mine is connected with the bottom two going to a joining connector and then to the carb. I brought it this way so thought it had to be setup this way. Does the middle one need to be connected and what is it there for.
Cheye
Old 02-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Atomrcp Matt

If you look at the second Fitting down from the top there is a plastic Wall behind it.. So I figured it was just an extra for 60 size Helis that need more flow.. So the second fitting really does nothing, so I didnt put any tubing on it..
Old 02-19-2004, 11:48 PM
NZ-Kiwi flyer

I'll go home tonight and check to see if my second fitting has a hole it or not. I wonder if you can use it for refuelling the heli or not. I hate taking the tubing off the connector everytime you want it to fill her back up again. I'm sure the tubing starts to get more and more loose after every fill. A T-filling connector would probably be better a better idea but with the set up the way it was it would have been impossible.
I'll look into it
Cheye

Nice paint job by the way. Did you do much prep work with the canopy before painting??
Old 02-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Atomrcp Matt

I am going to expirement with fittings and valves for compressors used with Fish Tanks and such.. My Dad used to be very into Fresh Water Fish.. So I am gunna go through some of his old stuff and see what I can find.. The Air Hoses used in most Fish Tanks are the same as the Fuel Line we use except Rubber not Silicone.. I'll take Pics of anything I find..
Old 08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
RaptorCam
My Feedback: (14)

I just purchased the TT brand header tank and installed it in the location according to images I have seen. The bottom back corner of the tank touches the screw that holds one of the tail boom supports in place. Seems that would not be good. Anybody know if this is ok or is there a fix for it. Seeing as it was TT's own tank I thought it would fit perfectly.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:48 PM
changed
Banned

Mine does the same thing. Just get a piece of velcro (fuzzy side) and stick it to the tank to insulate it from the screw. You could put a dab of 5 minute epoxy on the screw, the possibilities are endless. Just whatever works for you!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:54 PM
RaptorCam
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks for that tip. I'm going to do that in addition to putting a washer or two between the grommet and frame and try to set it out a bit.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Dreddi
My Feedback: (3)

The Header tanks middle fitting is an extra mostly used in fixed-wing, all tanks that have that extra nipple come with that extra one sealed, you actually have to drill it out to make use of it. Its used as a filler line if the modeler decides to use the extra line.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:09 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

AtomRCP Matt,
Don't use rubber on glow fuel. It will get real hard and crack in a very short time. That's the reason silicone lines are used. Rubber works for gas where silicone lines turn to mush when exposed to gasoline.
Later,,,Matt

A lot of guys use the middle hole for fueling. You have to clamp off the line going to the carb and fill through the middle line on the header tank. When full, you have to clamp off the middle line and unclamp the line to the carb. I used to set mine up this way but too many times I'd forget the line to the carb and either flood it when fueling or forget to unclamp it and crank on the engine wondering why it won't start. For me it's just easier to split the line to the carb at the fuel filter and fill from there. Nothing to forget. If you are pulling the lines off occasionally you can feel when they are getting worn and it's time to replace them. I replace all my fuel lines after each case of fuel. It's cheap insurance against deadstick and flameouts because the lines deteriorated.