Notices

Raptor 60 Upgrades

Old 06-30-2002, 08:17 PM
Brad_S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 60 Upgrades

My wife just bought me a Raptor 60 V2 for a combination birthday - anniversary gift! I have been flying a Century Raven 30 and have been ready to upsize to a 60. After a lot of talk with heli pilots and vendors, I decided the Rappy 60 was the way to go. It was ordered with an OS 61 SXH-WC and muffler. After talking with a friend of mine who has a V2, he stated I should invest in the upgrade metal aileron and elevator levers.
Any suggestions from you other V2 flyers what I may also eventually want to upgrade? Also, can you point me to useful websites regarding this heli? I'm really looking forward to "upsizing", and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Brad Streeter
Old 07-01-2002, 12:33 PM
=XGC= OzZ

Default Swash plate

I have a buddy who up graded swash plate and other things.
But I do not think he had too, except for the swash plate.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

The only thing I would upgrade is the , head dampeners (ron lund as them)and the torque tube supports.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:03 PM
evan-RCU

I upgraded to a Freya. I enjoyed the Raptor, it flew good but I kept having t/r gear problems and that caused the change. MS carbon mains, carbon t/r blades and alot of time getting the balls smooth gave me a great helo, I used a Webra .61 and Weston tuned pipe on mine, I tried the OS61WC but the Webra made better and more power.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Default R60

I upgraded from a Fury!!! HEHEHE

Actually, I was not impressed with the parts pricing and the overall feel of the Fury so I traded it for a FULLY upgraded R60. The owner was disappointed as well and sold it off. Not saying the Fury is junk, but is not the greatest heli out that many have hyped it up to be.

As far as upgrades for the R60 all you should do is get the Quick UK metal swashplate and some quality composite blades. If you want a tad better cyclic response then go for the metal mixing base and mixing arms. The rest of the upgrades except for the aluminum upper and lower bearing blocks are pretty much eye candy. I should know, my R60 is ALL carbon fiber and aluminum.

Mine weighs 9 lbs 11oz dry and ready to fly. Just get the Rick's O-Ring dampening system, some TT Carbon fiber 680mm blades in either white or black weave. Follow the building tips on Fritz the Cats website, and add a torque tube bearing to the shaft drive for extra smoothness. Everybody wants to rant and rave about the Freya and Fury but a properly setup Raptor is EVERY bit as good.

Old 07-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default Re: R60

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lift
[B]I upgraded from a Fury!!! HEHEHE

Actually, I was not impressed with the parts pricing and the overall feel of the Fury so I traded it for a FULLY upgraded R60. The owner was disappointed as well and sold it off. Not saying the Fury is junk, but is not the greatest heli out that many have hyped it up to be.

As far as upgrades for the R60 all you should do is get the Quick UK metal swashplate and some quality composite blades. If you want a tad better cyclic response then go for the metal mixing base and mixing arms. The rest of the upgrades except for the aluminum upper and lower bearing blocks are pretty much eye candy. I should know, my R60 is ALL carbon fiber and aluminum.

Mine weighs 9 lbs 11oz dry and ready to fly. Just get the Rick's O-Ring dampening system, some TT Carbon fiber 680mm blades in either white or black weave. Follow the building tips on Fritz the Cats website, and add a torque tube bearing to the shaft drive for extra smoothness. Everybody wants to rant and rave about the Freya and Fury but a properly setup Raptor is EVERY bit as good.

I have to agree with you the Fury is not the best helicopter i've flown, i'm still trying to get it to fly right.