Notices

Mavrikk Header Tank

Old 09-22-2004, 12:50 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mavrikk Header Tank

OK... So I crashed my 50 for the first time (after 115 flights)... and I'm rebuilding... HeliProz didn't have the stock header tank, just the Mavrikk header tank kit with a Hayes fuel tank and an aluminum bracket... problem is, this thing has two pressure nipples (in addition to the clunk fuel line nipple), the original just had one pressure nipple (connected to the main tanks clunk line nipple).

What am I supposed to do with this second nipple? I'm guessing that's for a separate fuel filler line or something. Below is a pic of the new header tank that I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure the top-left nipple should go to the main tank... the next one down is the one I'm confused about. The big one at the bottom-left is where the black clunk line nipple gets installed (gets connected to the carb).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25820.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	175756  
Old 09-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Mavrikk Header Tank

What am I supposed to do with this second nipple?
Your right, it's for filling your tank. It is sealed over, so you don't have to use it if you don't want to. If you do want to use it, you need to take a small drill and drill it out. If you do use it for fill your tank, make sure you have a shut off valve on the fuel line going to your carb, if you don't, it will flood the carb when your fill it up.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:44 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Mavrikk Header Tank

Ahhh... great! Thanks! I was afraid I'd have to buy a valve for it or epoxy it closed!