Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Raptor V2 pictures

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tampuitat...tos.yahoo.com/
Old 09-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Crawler
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone no when this will be available? How will be the first too carry it?
Old 09-08-2002, 01:36 PM
N71505

When you look at what people are upgrading current
Raptors to, I would think the new ones will just get the upgrades upgraded. I've a two week old Raptor 30, thinking I could've waited for the new one and continue fixing and flying the Nexus. I'd probably be on the 3rd clutch repair, 2nd boom strike, and still hovering with dingle balls shaking like crazy. Or ... practicing figure eights, and working on my drag racing technique with my two week old Raptor .... HA! that's a no brainer.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:10 PM
=XGC= OzZ

Default More Pic's

Rappy #2
Old 09-08-2002, 08:00 PM
pietermx

Default Re: More Pic's

Originally posted by ZG77_OzZ
Rappy #2
Ehmm.. those are the same
Old 09-09-2002, 01:00 AM
=XGC= OzZ

Default LOL

You are right LOL
Old 09-09-2002, 10:35 AM
w.pasman

Great!!

Few questions:
1. is the heavy-duty clutch one with a larger diameter than the original clutch? Or did they just reinforce the shoes and put a stripe on the bell?

2. why is the elevator slopless now? With me the problem seems to be in the elevator control leaver and its bearings. Well not a big problem anyway :-)

3. The extended the fan shrouds. How does that work if you want to fit in a 50 size engine? Both on the head side and on the sides this can give problems.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:28 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

On the engine part maybe that is why they are coming out with a Raptor 50 V2 by the end of this year! Even though I think the OS .50 would still fit in that frame with the new shroud maybe it won't and the 50 frame will have more room for it?????? All questions that I am sure will be answered in the next few months, that is if TT releases its kits on time!
Old 09-09-2002, 05:09 PM
aashu
My Feedback: (6)

Default Hmm

Other than the Canopy , I don't see any major improvements Actually it didn't need . However , I was expecting a different head design , as I read somewhere . I would say , its still better to buy a R50 kit than this V2 stuff .
Old 09-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Raydee

No major improvements????? A new 6mm spindle and larger bearings in the grips, a new clutch design, larger starter shaft which also supports the clutch bell to help it from rocking back and forth, hopefully curing the clutch problems, stiffer frames with more support and better cooling. New bigger 340cc tank which is higher instaed of longer helping CG. Stiffer elevator and pitch controls. R60 style tail grips, I swear if those aren't worth while upgrades I don't know what is!!!! I hear people cry about that canopy but guys does the canopy make it fly better? Just buy the fiberglass Raptor canopy if you don't like the stock one. I think TT did their homework and made alot of changes that they needed to make to make the Raptor fly even better than it does right now. They also did it in a way where most of the old parts will still work and you won't have a obselete heli!
Old 09-09-2002, 05:54 PM
aashu

Default OK

Nothing which should be called V2 ! it is all bug fixing . I donot know how many of us have clutch problems ? I also donot understand the logic of putting different style SP where as there is another style on R50 . So which one is good ?

I admit there is improvement and would only appreciate it only if it same price or less . Rather than a bigger tank I would have appreciated a set of BB upgrade or a 3rd bearing block .
Old 09-09-2002, 06:28 PM
Raydee

As I was told the new kits will be sold in two versions regular and pro versions which will have all ball bearings included. As far as the V2 they did the exact same thing with the 60. Its just a way of telling the two apart in my opinion.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:44 PM
aashu

Default any idea

Raydee.. any clue on prices,...?
Old 09-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Raydee

Not 100% but I was told somewhere around $299 for the pro 30 V2 kit without engine but like I said not really 100% sure on that. My friend made a huge order at the show this weekend and we will have to wait for the final pricing.