Notices

raptor 50 clutch?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:25 PM
PAUL A ELLIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 50 clutch?

Hi, I have just finished building my first helli, checked and double checked everything it's all good to go I start the thing up and I can't get the main rotor blades to spin very fast, you can see the clutch engage as you increase engine revs and the rotor starts turning but as I give it more throttle the rotor does not turn any faster?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: raptor 50 clutch?

The engine may be still too rich? Does it sound like the engine is spinning up?

Did you get any grease on the clutch liner when you put it together? Did you remove the washer from the engine before you put the fan on? Did you set the clutch liner clearance when you assembled it? Could the motor be running backwards because the low end is too rich?

Here's a great web site to check out.
http://www.raptortechnique.com

There is no substitue for someone experianced checking over your heli even if you have to drive several hours to accomplish this.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM
PAUL A ELLIS

I have checked all these and eliminated them my problem still exists.

I ran the engine again last night, this time i held on to the main gear and was able to stop it from turning when revving the engine, I think that maybe the clutch is not gripping not opening out properly so I have taken the engine out and opened out the slots in the clutch just a fraction to see if it makes a difference.I will run it this evening to see If it has worked.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:57 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Is this a new heli or one you aquired from a friend? chances are if you got it used the clutch isn't good anymore and needs replacing. I second Raptortechnique.com. I bought a heli from RCU here and the guy had it setup from the guy at raptortechnique... thing was one stable heli!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:55 PM
PAUL A ELLIS

That's it the low end was very rich, I leaned it off and the motor changed direction It reverts back to the wrong direction as I increase the throttle I guess this means I have a lot more tuning to do.

Thanks for help.

I have visited raptortechnique web site and will try his tuning tips.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
jedijingle
My Feedback: (45)

if you greased the one way auto bearing like the instruction say to. Clean it up with a degreaser and the oil it with ATF fluid and put it back together. I had this particular problem. I would lift up into hover and then the engine would rev up and fall out of a hover (loose head speed). It was because I followed the instructions on the auto bearing.