Notices

Rotopod anyone?

Old 10-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Synapse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotopod anyone?

Hey guys, I'm about to start out with my first raptor 50 and I was wondering if anyone had a set of rotopod training gear for the rappy that they want to get rid of. No point paying full retail if I don't have to right?

-syn
Old 10-13-2005, 01:51 AM
HELI-JOKER
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Rotopod anyone?

I just go to a kite store and buy some fiberglass or,better yet,CF rods.Then hit the local dollar toy store and get some whiffle balls.Now you can make your own VERY STURDY training wheels for less than 15 bucks-plus you can start out with longer ones and shorten them as you progress
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Rotopod anyone?

I also used carbon fiber rod, but I used a hul-a-hoop around them. The wiffle balls that came with my Helimax training gear caused resonance which resulted in my heli shaking violently so I cut the rods shorter and put the hul-a-hoop on.

I'm gonna hang on to my training gear as my 8 year old daughter is interested in learning to fly helis and she'll need it.