Notices

V2,SE or Hyper

Old 10-19-2005, 10:44 AM
pit_basher
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V2,SE or Hyper

Im buying my first helicopter and so far I've decided that I want a Rappy 50. Now the question is, what's the diference between the 50 V2, 50V2 SE? or should I just do the damage and get the Hyper Raptor, thanks in advance
Old 10-19-2005, 11:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts
Default RE: V2,SE or Hyper

The SE is a bunch of metal upgrades, not all of which come with the hyper raptor. I would get a v2, hyper engine and a metal washout set. The Maverikk upgrades are nice but the 50 flies fine right out of the box. Save the carbon blades till you learn to fly.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Synapse

I'm new too, so take my advice with a grain of sale... I just bought the HyperRaptor kit from heliproz.com and now I wish I had gotten the SE instead of the v2 that comes in the kit. Call me crazy, but I trust the metal components made by Thunder Tiger more than the Mavrikk stuff. For example, the Mavrikk washout base, like the one that barracuda mentioned, doesn't seem to fit together very well at all. It has a LOT of play in it that isn't present in the stock plastic component.

If you do decide you want the HyperRaptor, I'll gladly sell you mine so I can go buy an SE!

-Lee
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

Syapse, Eric at Heliproz is very customer service oriented, and I'm sure a quick call would have a new washout base on its way with no questions asked. I've had great luck with the Mav parts, my only gripe is they don't come with so much as a picture of how they go together.

Here's some thoughts on the SE from Ron Lund at Ricks http://www.ronlund.com/raptor.htm
Old 10-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Michael B.
My Feedback: (1)

Go with the standard V2 and the OS50 hyper keep the extra money for fuel. All the extra bling looks great but won't make you fly any better. The stock parts work great and arn't as expensive to replace when you put it in the ground.