Notices

Wooden blades repair

Old 11-16-2005, 12:27 PM
dannyboy123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wooden blades repair

Can anybody tel me if there is any way in which you can repair the plastic covering on standard rappy 30 wooden blades cos it has started to peel offat the edge.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 PM
RSL_Mongoose

Default RE: Wooden blades repair

You could recover them, but I used to just put a drop of CA where the covering is coming off and fly them. You can get covering at Rick's
Old 11-16-2005, 08:51 PM
tkalogiros

If you have used them until the plastic starts to tear you are no longer a novice. .... its time for carbon fiber.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:41 PM
samstar

Yeah, i have this problem too, but think it has gone beyond using CA to repair them. Not ready to use carbon blades yet, so I think I'm goin to get new heat shrink cover and just cut it round the blade grip and hold it in place with drop of CA at the blade grip end.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:04 PM
auspete

the standard wooden tt blades seem to be junk. i know a guy that had the plastic covering come off in flight with his raptor 50, and another set developed a crack. now just the other day the wood blades on my raptor 60 got a crack in them for no reason? seems to me that the quality just isnt there in the standard wood blades. i decided not to fly untill my new carbon blades turn up. better not to fly than risk damaging the whole heli when you know there is a problem. anyone else had problems with these blades?
Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 PM
cmulder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its eazy to recover the blades and there are various options.
Simplest would be to get the shrink tube like original used from your heli suplyer.
Other options are self sticking foil like made by oracover (not the normal plane stuff; the one for decorating)
I use foil made by 3 m for cut out graphics on cars; only becouse i can get it localy doubd its the best or most economic.

In case you go for foil ; cut out just over twiche the with of the blade and start on the underside with some overlap to the rear, rub the foil on and around the rear first then over the leading edge and the back again.

Remove any overlap that sticks out.

After this you need to rebalance your blades again bevore using them.

when done properly it will outlast the original

good luck