Community
Search
Notices

TT50 is Junk!!!!(mine anyway)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
rdf430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TT50 is Junk!!!!(mine anyway)

can any one tell me if the Thunder tiger .39 pro carb, is the same carb as the TT.50 pro if so should i try this needle valve mod to my TT .39 pro.It has only flamed on me once (glow plug blew out), but it don't run good every time. It seems that, if the engine starts good, Idles good, hovers good, climbs good, something is wrong, and sure enough smoke trail disapears and it lands hot every time. I richen it up on the highspeed and refuel, the power is not there, it don't climb even half as fast as a friends stock titan .50.with a TT .50 pro engine. Has any one put a hyper .50 in a raptor .30 V2 pro. Would there be any point with out puting a strech kit and bigger blades. anyones advice would be nice. Cheers.

Rocky F
Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
misileman
My Feedback: (8)

OS hyper 50 in a 30V2, seen it done by a friend. Not recommended, the engine constantly overrevved and it blew up about a 1/2 gallon of fuel later. He eventually took my advice and purchased a 50 Titan and hasn't regretted it.

If your going to spend the money on the 50 size engine, might as well convert the 30 to a 50.

Just my 2 cents worth of advice.

Mike
Raptors 30V2, 50SE, 90V2, & 90SE (mini-titan coming soon)
Futaba
Fromeco
Wildcat Fuel
Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
siangxx

I had my TT50 about 4 weeks ago. Had the same problem with tuning, I was shocked when I came thru this post here. Taught I'd just bought myself a junk. Its my first nitro. Love the Trex 600 but TT50 is all I can afford atm.
Anyway, I must be lucky. I've manage to get it tuned up after 4 long weeks of surfing, seeking help and experimenting. 4 weeks of hovering and tuning and at last a maiden circuit flight yesterday and another one today. I love my TT, keeping my fingure cross hopefully it dont flame out on me as I cant auto. lol.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 PM
siangxx

To get the tuning right, you'll have to adjust both the needle valve. That's what I did, then again I may be just lucky to get a good engine.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
JoDyO

File 13 it.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:18 AM
siangxx

instead of leaning/riching out the high speed needle, try to lean/rich the metering needle ( idle/low speed). what I did was preset the high speed needle (2 1/2 -3 turns out), adjust the low/idle needle till it starts, without flaming out after removing the glow plug then hover it. If you get flame out during hover then lean out lean out the high speed needle till it can hover without shutting down. If you experience hesitation but not flaming out, then richen the high speed needle AND also make adjustment on the metering needle as well ( richen it). Do not fly your heli yet, keep making SMALL adjustment on BOTH the needle and you may get "lucky" as I think I was just lucky to find the correct setting. If and when you are able to hover without hesitaion, then only you fine tune the engine by watching at the smoke so you dont over heat the engine. Well that's what I did. I'm no expert but I hope this help. I didn't make any modification on my needle. Almost did thou. lol.
I wonder if those that fail to get the correct setting have been tuning the wrong neeedle (high speed needle), just wondering, lol.
good luck
Old 08-13-2008, 11:46 PM
evilhorse

or buy an OS from the start and not have to deal with this stuff
Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 AM
siangxx

lol, true. I've been looking into getting a RL53 for my upgrade later but after doing much surfing I realised that it's a problematic engine as well. Get an OS mate. lol.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
evilhorse

the trick to it seems to be run the low end good and sloppy rich and she'll be fine. What i hear on forums and in magazines, i'm actually looking at 1 myself for my 30V2 when i stretch it, but ill wait and see for now.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:41 PM
siangxx

yea, that's what I did with mine, set the low end to as good as it can then lean out the high end and after that tune both needle to get to right smoke ... slightly on the rich side. I think with TT engine it's the tuning that's complicated/sensitive, other than that it's a good engine. I dont regard it as an inferior engine but just a less user friendly engine. Saying that, I've heard TT50 is under power, it that true?
By the way, do you fly a raptor 50? If you do what is your pitch curve and throttle curve? Mine has been set up by a LHS with Pitch cureve of .... 50, 61, 73, 86, 100. Something not right ... I think I'd asked him to set my lowest pitch at -3 instead of -5 and when I checked on my setting yesterday that's what I find. Totally different from my 450 set up.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:20 AM
evilhorse

no i dont have a 50, i run -5 to +10 normal and a 10/10 on both idleups -10 -5 0 5 10
Old 08-17-2008, 06:55 AM
siangxx

-5/+10 for normal and -10/+10 for idle, yeah, that should be the way, but mine looks more like 0/+9 on normal. I think I'm going to change mine to -3/+9 on my normal. Idle setting is fine as he didn't make any changes to it, now at -9/+9.