Notices

Hyper Rapter 50 help

Old 02-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Flipper
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper Rapter 50 help

Need a little help please. I am finally putting my Hyper Rapter 50 together that I got from Heliproz with all the Mavrikk upgrade parts. I was just telling myself how fast and easy it was to put together when I turned the page. Well, the Mavrikk washout assembly parts looked about the same as the stock parts so that was no problem. But the rest of the parts are a mystery to me. I looked at them for a couple hours and wish they sent some kind of directions. I did figure out that it is a total different animal. Why couldn't they add a simple drawing? Could someone please take a couple close photo's for me and post them up. Thanks for all your trouble!

Jeff
Old 02-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Flipper

Default RE: Hyper Rapter 50 help

I got on Heliproz and found picks and instructions for the parts. If anyone is having this same problem they are worth their weight in gold.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I went through your troubles when I used the Quick UK Washout Base and the Metal Head. I ended up finding some pictures on runryder.net of the thunder tiger metal head and going from there. If you would like, I think I could snap a few pictures of my metal head on the raptor 50, so you can kinda see how it goes together.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Flipper

That would be great! Thanks for your time.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

Been there done that, I love the price on the maverikks but I'd gladly pay another 10 cents for a photocopy drawing of how they go together.

Be careful before you put the flybar cage together. The ball links only go one way so you have to slide the hoops over the control arm and snap it in, make sure the lower ball link hole is facing the right way on the washout or you have to dismantle the damn thing to flip around the hoops.

Also toss that tail servo mount and put it up in the canopy where it belongs.

And BE SURE TO LOCKTITE the tail pitch yoke to that brass sleeve, don't tighten it too much or it will drag.

http://www.raptortechnque.com
Old 02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
GrantL

ORIGINAL: Flipper

Need a little help please. I am finally putting my Hyper Rapter 50 together that I got from Heliproz with all the Mavrikk upgrade parts. I was just telling myself how fast and easy it was to put together when I turned the page. Well, the Mavrikk washout assembly parts looked about the same as the stock parts so that was no problem. But the rest of the parts are a mystery to me. I looked at them for a couple hours and wish they sent some kind of directions. I did figure out that it is a total different animal. Why couldn't they add a simple drawing? Could someone please take a couple close photo's for me and post them up. Thanks for all your trouble!

Jeff
I too feel your pain.. I am in the same place as you.. I've started posting pix of my R50 build.. Not much but it's a start..
I've gotten alot of help on the groups as well.. Take an evening and look at everyones gallary..

http://runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/26547/

Grant
Old 02-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Flipper

GrantL, thanks for the link to the picks. Looks like I am doing it right!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Flipper

Thanks for all the help, I got it together with all the upgrade parts no problem!

Old 02-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Flipper

I hope the picks worked this time I think there was a problem the first time. I should finish my custom painted canopy this weekend it really will set it off, I hope!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:32 PM
GrantL

Great.. Looks good..
Nice work..

Grant
Old 02-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tail servo suggestion? back in the canopy? go right ahead and take his advice, then when your set screws lose loctite seal and back out, and you lose the control rod, and in she goes....

seen it happen to alot of raptors, when people dont constantly check them....

but hey, if you like slop in the tail and the chance of it vibrating out...leave it in the nose..LOL

or carbon rod link it, w/jb weld on the fittings...

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey

Been there done that, I love the price on the maverikks but I'd gladly pay another 10 cents for a photocopy drawing of how they go together.

Be careful before you put the flybar cage together. The ball links only go one way so you have to slide the hoops over the control arm and snap it in, make sure the lower ball link hole is facing the right way on the washout or you have to dismantle the damn thing to flip around the hoops.

Also toss that tail servo mount and put it up in the canopy where it belongs.

And BE SURE TO LOCKTITE the tail pitch yoke to that brass sleeve, don't tighten it too much or it will drag.

http://www.raptortechnque.com
Old 02-25-2006, 12:00 AM
mantis*tw*

flipper that is a very nice clean looking heli well done.....
Old 02-27-2006, 11:35 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

The only way those set screws back out is if they aren't locktited in. There's not much slop in the tail linkage and the servo doesn't get coated in hot oil or smashed to pieces in a crash.

Preflight and maintenece should be performed on any helicopter no matter where you mount the servo.

Many top fliers leave their tail servos in the canopy.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
jsenicka
My Feedback: (79)

just threw my Raptor 30 on the ground Saturday due to a radio problem (guy on the radio made a stupid bailout move low and inverted :-)
Tail tube bent 45 degrees right at rear of fuse. Broke the guide rings for tail wire, but barely bent the wire.
Had I been running the fancy CF rear servo mount I have sitting on my shelf that was not yet installed, would have been out a 9254 and a tail mount.......

I plan too keep them up under the hood and will retrofit my 50 that uses rear mount if I ever smack it in

Old 03-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Flipper

Got the fiberglass canopy done today and it turned out great. The graphics look white in the photo but they are really silver, the light wasn't very good this evening.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Maxime

Wow! Very nice!

I don't like where your antenna is routed. personnally I prefer to keep it away from any servo/power/gyro wires....
Old 03-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Flipper

I changed it to the other side like it shows in Raptor Technique tips.