Help!!! OS 32

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!!! OS 32

Details:

Rap 30 V1 stock with exception of head which I run with leading edge pitch arms to prevent out of track conditions, OS 32, OS #8, Century 3033 muffler, 15% Cool Power, Pitch range +- 9 degrees. Approx 4 gallons thru motor

Problem:

Engine sags horribly accelerating out of hover. Always has some but is becoming particularily worse. Pulling a simple loop and the engine will sag on the backside when adding pitch and throttle to recover. I have hit the ground twice because of this. I was able the auto out of one but the other caused substantial damage.

Solutions Tried;

Glo plug, fuel, replaced fuel lines, header tank. original head configuration. None of helped thus far. I can't believe the motor is finished after only 4 gallons. Compression is solid, no scoring on piston or sleeve, no evidence of over lean running

Anybody have any thoughts. Help is much appreciated
Old 03-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! OS 32

Have you tryed droping your pitch? Try a +8 and see what happens.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:42 AM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! OS 32

I'll bet your throttle advance is poorly matched to your pitch curve. check out www.raptortechnique.com to see what I'm talking about.