Search
Notices

Raptor 50 - Spektrum AR9000 RX Position

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:33 AM
SansHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 50 - Spektrum AR9000 RX Position

I have "invested" in a Spektrum module for my XP9303 and I'm about to swap out the 72Mhz RX in my Raptor 50 for a Spektrum AR9000.

I am looking for suggestions from those that have gone down this path on where to mount the remote receiver.

I have hot glued the capacitor down inside the receiver as per the service bulletin but would also like to know if anyone has had any vibration related problems with the remote receiver and how they have attached it to the heli - double sided tape? Velcro?

Thanks.

SansHeli
Old 09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: Raptor 50 - Spektrum AR9000 RX Position

I had my AR7000 remote reciever mounted right on the front of the servo tray w/ double sided tape. no vibration issues. ohh the main reciever was velcro'd and all on the bottom of the servo tray.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
soop7667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor 50 - Spektrum AR9000 RX Position

I have my AR 7000 Velcro'ed to the inside of the Rudder Servo Slot. I have my rudder servo mounted on the tail...The remote receiver was originally mounted on the right side of the front landing gear (the plastic part...obvisouly not the skid itself). After losing my remote receiver in a crash I had to replace it. The replacement came with an extra long cord so I now have it mounted on the rear of the frame, directly to the right side of the tail boom - I use 3M automotive body molding 2 way tape - It's a denser foam material with a lower profile and it stikcs like crazy - very tuff stuff. I've also seen the remote rx mounted on the front servo tray on a piece of clear thin plastic, just like as illustrated in the DX7 Manual. That option will remove most vibration if you had any issues.