Notices

toki 40 any good in a 30?

Old 11-22-2007, 06:05 PM
paulaballa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toki 40 any good in a 30?

I bought a kit the other day and my local hobby store ran out of os motors and the owner said he had a differant one that would work and its a toki 40,It didnt "fit right in"I had to hack some plastic off the main frame off because the heat sink was to big for this model.Im hoping it has alot of power and still cools good even though its a tight fit.I can post pics if anyone wants to see it I have never herd of them
Old 11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
USMC2111

Default RE: toki 40 any good in a 30?

post away. I've never seen one myself.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 PM
AutoMike

The toki 40 is sold by Century and is also offered in the Hawk combo at www.heli-world.com . The word from users over on RR seems to be a 50/50 split, the ones that run make good power, some say more than the OS 37, yet others cant keep the carbs on and other air leaks and material defects cause many to toss them in the trash bin. I've never used one and I only buy OS myself and so far, havent had any problems. Just a sugestion, see if you can return the engine before you run it and wait on the OS. In my view, the slight difference in price is not worth the headaches off brand china stuff brings.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 263 Likes on 209 Posts

Even if you get one that runs ok they will wear out well before an OS.
Old 01-21-2023, 03:16 PM
Sweep165

Originally Posted by paulaballa View Post
I bought a kit the other day and my local hobby store ran out of os motors and the owner said he had a differant one that would work and its a toki 40,It didnt "fit right in"I had to hack some plastic off the main frame off because the heat sink was to big for this model.Im hoping it has alot of power and still cools good even though its a tight fit.I can post pics if anyone wants to see it I have never herd of them
Could you post pictures of the Toki engine in Rapter 30?
I am looking at fitting a Toki engine but was unsure if or how it would fit and if modifications are needed