Notices

Newbie Blade Tracking?

Old 06-10-2003, 02:28 AM
Carbon Fiber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Blade Tracking?

I am a newbie at this so bear with me guys i setup my pitch for the beginner 0-5-9 I finally got the heli up with some vibration spooling up the blades before half thottle it smoothed out my question is if the bades are adjusted with a pitch guage say at 0 pitch and both are adjusted at exactly 0 on a bench then is the tracking necessary at 0 with blades spooled up big time someoe told me to get an acurate blade tracking to use a pitch guage is this right? thanks for your time P.S. there is no one to close to me to help I read books and watch videos, flight simms are great to. this is a Raptor 30 V2
Old 06-10-2003, 02:50 AM
powerglide
My Feedback: (4)

first make sure your blades are balanced, use 2 diffrent color 1in. wide pieces of tape on each blade about 1 in. from tip, go hover it, have someone watch the blades and see with blade color is higher or lower, adjust pitch rod so thier is no gap in blades
Old 06-10-2003, 05:25 AM
Galifrey

you cannot set both blades with a pitch gauge on the bench...

only ever set one blade and make sure all your rods are exactly the same length throughout...

After that, any tracking adjustment should only be very slight, if at all....

Old 06-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Carbon Fiber

thanks for your reply guys, why cant you adjust the pitch on bothe blades to match each other? say for instance at half collective adjust both blades identically to 5 degrees positive pitch