Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Adjustable Engine Test Stand

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Adjustable Engine Test Stand

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 02:39 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Adjustable Engine Test Stand

I have a couple of engines that need a first run. My first test stand was a wooden thing with a plastic engine mount specific for that engine. I wanted something adjustable. So I fabricated this test stand. The engine is pinned in place and so are the top hold down plates. For added protection, the top hold down plates have front and back tabs. I don't think the engine is going anywhere forward or backward. It is adjustable in width and should hold beam mounted engines up to 20cc. Above that I believe the engines go to a rear mount. If I ever get a rear mount I believe I can make an adapter to go with this test stand.

Dummy me. I primed and painted test stand and never trial fit an engine. When I did finally add the engine I found I had to grind down a few areas. The two towers were not level with each other. Adding the fuel line for the pictured engine was a problem so I had to grind a corner of the top plate for easier access. Just minor bugs. I still need to add the throttle control. Anyway a few pictures FWIW.

After this I want to fabricate a tail trap to hold the airplane. Just giving it thought now. After that I can concentrate on flying.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2109212   Click image for larger version

Views:	135
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2109213   Click image for larger version

Views:	131
Size:	1.37 MB