Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Foamming fuel tip >

Foamming fuel tip

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Foamming fuel tip

Old 08-22-2002, 03:00 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foamming fuel tip

Foamming fuel tip
Foaming Fuel
I was having a foaming problem on my aircore(flying brick). I took a one ounce tank mounted it on the out side of the fuse on the opposite side of the muffler. I secured it there with tie raps. I then ran my fuel from my tank to it then from it to my carb. It worked excelent it stoped all of the foaming and give me an extra ounce of fuel. You just have to fill the tank through the little header tank. It in turn is pressure filled from the main tank. I always made sure there was no air in the header tank prior to take off and never did have any problems after that. It helps to have a clunk in the header tank. It worked well enough that I did several times use all of the fuel out of the main and land on half an ounce in the Header tank.
Very little air ever transfered in to the tank usually about the top 1/4 of the tank would be air even after fifteen minute flights.
But that same air would have killed the engine had it been plumbed straight to the carb.
My total investement was $2.oo to get the round tank and it came with all of the brass tubing and clunk.
I got the idea after seeing a helicopter flying at our field.
Give it a try you will like it.

Jim

Old 08-22-2002, 10:07 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Default You gotta try this...

take your jug of fuel, shake it up, and watch the foam. Now take 3 or 4 drops of armor all, insert it into the fuel, and shake it up again....... Simply amazing. As far as armor hurting the engine.... I really doubt it.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:15 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Foamming fuel tip

That Armor All thing really works. When I was learning to fly flameouts was a big problem I had in my engine. My instructor turned me onto this idea and had said he'd been using it for years. Since he was the type that had 50 planes, some with engines older than I am (I'm 28) and the worst of them ran better than my best engines I figured it can't be bad for them