Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Flite Metal

Old 08-29-2002, 02:47 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flite Metal

I'm in the midst of building a Top Flite giant scale P-47, and I'm some what new to the whole world of scale finishes. Any way, I've decided on an aluminum finish. Now I know aluminum is one of the hardest finishes to achieve on a model, and I've heard all sorts of idea's on how to obtain a good finish, be it glass/paint, etc. But what I'm after is something a little more realistic.

I've heard and read about coverings like Flite Metal, and various other aluminum type substitutes. Has any one used Flite Metal?? Were they pleased with the results?? If it is real aluminum, does it not dent and ding easily?? Was it difficult to apply?? And would they use it again??

Looking for any feedback on peoples experience with Flite Metal, good or bad.

Sam
Old 08-29-2002, 09:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Flite Metal

Go to scale forum,and or warbird forum. Type in search box Flight metal and read on!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:59 PM

Default Flitemetal

Go to the Scale Aero website and look for the Flight Metal instructions. Address is www.scaleaero.com. Regards.