Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Keeping glue tips clean, addendum >

Keeping glue tips clean, addendum

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Keeping glue tips clean, addendum

Old 09-09-2002, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping glue tips clean, addendum

For those of you that use acetone to keep you glue tips clean, make a mental note of this. I like to use CA to help hold the charge connector into the recepticle mounted to the side of the fuse. Today I removed this recepticle from a no longer used airplane and decided to soak the piece in a bottle of acetone so I could reuse it on my new Morris the Knife.

The acetone not only desolved the CA but also the charge connector and wiring insulation in about 3 hours. I was running a Futaba switch harness. Use caution with acetone as this is a very powerful solvent.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:10 AM
My Feedback: (506)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping glue tips clean, addendum

Acetone will attack most plastic canopies. Learned that the hard way.

This dissolving trait can be put to good use. A quick wipe of acetone on plastic parts roughens them slightly - this is a great timesaver when I'm gluing *anything* to plastic.