Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Rounding the Leading Edge >

Rounding the Leading Edge

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Rounding the Leading Edge

Old 07-20-2002, 07:08 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rounding the Leading Edge

Good eveing all,

A curiousity question..

What's your preffered method for rounding of the leading edges of the tail feathers? usually the tail is either flat boards, or a build up stick structure.

Do you free hand sand? with a bot of planing to start off? Do you use a round sanding bar such as the rubber 'wiper' gizmos or the Great Planes 'Easy Touch Countour' sanding bar..

Dremel router table with a custom shaped bit?! haha

dr_wogz
www.aerotech-rc.com
Old 07-20-2002, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rounding the Leading Edge

Generally, just some hand sanding to give it a reasonably rounded LE. Most times, I don't [re-[lane or use a sanding block... just wrap the paper around the LE and use a "shoe-shiner" style, against the grain... pulling alternately on the upper and lower edges, toward the TE. I fnish off by a couple of strokes along the grain.