Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Fuel tank location for a Pusher... >

Fuel tank location for a Pusher...

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Fuel tank location for a Pusher...

Old 09-01-2002, 03:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel tank location for a Pusher...

Although I have seen plans where the fuel tank connections are at the rear, the connections should be at the FRONT of the tank so that the clunk will be at the rear. If you install the tank backwards(clunk forward), you're likely to have the clunk in an air bubble when you climb with a half-tank. The clunk needs to be in the rear of the tank regardless of whether the motor is a tractor or pusher mount.

It's not impossible to uncover the clunk when diving with the tank mounted "conventionally", but less likely as either the acceleration downward will keep the fuel over the clunk, or pulling the throttle to idle will cause you to burn so little fuel that the fuel in the line will suffice for quite a while.