Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

LOOK AT MY GREAT NEW PLANE HAULER

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

LOOK AT MY GREAT NEW PLANE HAULER

Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 AM
ceciljohnson
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOOK AT MY GREAT NEW PLANE HAULER

hey steve
i to built one for my pickup out of 3/4 it totes two planes but i use bungie to hold the planes in.
there are some photos on my profile. i want to build a bigger one for the van i just bought and i like the style rick uses .
the planes are on top where mine are on the bottom and the wings set on top.
if you look at the photo of mine where the arms make a cradle for the plane to sit those move in and out to fit different sizes of fuse's.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
slick69

Cecil I use 1/2" pipe. I also use either velcro or rubber bands to hold the planes tight to the craddle. I have electrical clamps that are mounted in the truck bed that I use to hold the craddle in place, they have wing nuts on them so there easy to adjust for tightness or losen to remove. Glad to see that people are being creative. I put the fuslage on top for the simple fact is you normal remove it first before the wing there for the wing has less chance of getting dinged up(experience). Later guys Happy flying!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 AM
slick69

Merry Christmas All!!! Hope everyone had a good year of flying & next year brings more.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 PM
ceciljohnson
My Feedback: (4)

Same to you slick
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 PM
slick69

I'll be going to the Sacramento area next week. If someone from the area needs a carrier let me know & I can bring it with me.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:31 AM
SSocci

Default Plane hauler

[QUOTE=slick69;7938739]Thanks Jim for all the good words. Your right I don't make alot on these. With several years of design changes I felt that this one was worth sharing to fellow r/c flyres as I don't like patching or repair planes from stupid hangar rash. I'd rather spend my time building new or rebuilding a hole plane and of coarse flying planes. I put in a airstrip here at the house (40x400) so I try and can fly when every I can so that is a plus. I would like to see some pics of the craddle in the back of van. I think to date I've made well over 150 of these in the last year & 1/2. I haven't had one complaint and that really makes me feel good about what I'm doing and the service I'm ginving to fellow r/c flyers, so if there is anyone out there wanting a craddle let meknow and I'll get you set up. Again thanks Jim, I've post some picks on profile for everyone to see.

Thanks Rick

Hello Rick, how does one order for you? Pictures of your work? I stumbled on RC universe while doing a search for RC airplane carry/hauler. Not familiar with this forum, any way to see/order your work? Maybe email?
Thanks, Steve
[email protected]