Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Modeling Table Plans

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Modeling Table Plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Charlie E
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modeling Table Plans

If anyone is interested, I have plans in PDF for a great Modeling Table. You can build it for under $40.00 material cost. Very handy for building those perfectly straight wings. The Luan door holds T-pins very well. Once the top becomes rough or no longer holds pins very well, flip the door over and you have a new building surface.

Oh yeah, they are free.

Email me at: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	86728_5680.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	50495  
Old 06-15-2003, 05:05 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Default Thanks Charlie

I have been using hollow core doors for years as building boards.

Charlie has a set of plans for a cheap, simple to build frame to support a hollow core door. Modify the measurements to fit your height requirements; add a shelf or two for storage.

Drop him an email for a free copy!
Old 06-16-2003, 02:48 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default .Here's what I did.

These are the original plans that I've based my two workbenches on.

I built both tables so that the work surface is 36" up - that's waist-high for me. I extended the length of them both from the listed 48" to 72", and increased the depth to 36" from 23 7/8". I added a single beam under the top-center of each table's work surface to keep them from sagging in the middle.

I also cut the bottom shelf so that its the same length as the top surface, but only 1/3rd the depth. This gives me useful storage space under both tables while leaving enough room so that I can slide my drafting chair underneath.

The top surfaces are B-grade plywood (C-grade can be used here - beware knotholes) topped with gypsum ceiling tiles. I've covered the front and side-facing edges of the tiles with clear packing tape to keep them from crumbling when I lean or rub against them.

I'm quite happy with them.