Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > TJT Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

first time turbine builder need help

Notices
TJT Turbine Direct Support Ask your questions about TJT turbine in this forum. All I-Jets related questions may be asked here if relevant or in the general jet forum.

first time turbine builder need help

Old 05-06-2011, 05:00 PM
hotshot991
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time turbine builder need help

Hi everyone this is my first time building a turbine and first time posting on the forum so let me start off by saying my name is Jake and Ive shared a passion for rc jets all my life....lol whatever but you know what I mean though that I have and always will absolute love rc jets.I have flown for a while now and Ive recently flown my first turbine jet ...hard as crap but im learning and getting better. I recently acquired a set of kj66 plans that im gonna use for this build.As of the progress I already have the combustion chamber pretty much together I just need to tig weld it with my neighbor, he welds professionally and he has all kinds of scrap metals and welding machines.Just yesterday he was just about to just give a couple of ss sheets away for free and guess what they were 20 gauge 316 sheets so I was able to get them for the chamber and me and him plasma cut the sheets to the right length and width. which I didn't know but he asked me why I wanted them so I told him and-His father flew rc planes jets and then turbine jets before dieing, so he grew up around it all but has never really flown, but knows allot about rc planes. So now I have a friend to help me that also really likes this hobby to. Now I finally have a good start on the build but will probably be coming back constantly for advice and questions from you guys about my project. Now that you know a little about me and how my project has started off I would like to ask you my main question. Like I said im 14 so I don't have a job and not that much money at the moment and I defiantly cant afford the turbine wheel and shaft and that stuff.Do any of you know where I can get a cheap old used turbine wheel,shaft,compressor I mainly need the turbine wheel right now but I don't care how old the wheel is or if its used, I just care if its working properly,I just want to have the experience of building a working turbine and for me which will also be fun. but please feel free to comment and and ask me questions, ill be on for a while its the weekend so im out of school and thanks.