Notices
TJT Turbine Direct Support Ask your questions about TJT turbine in this forum. All I-Jets related questions may be asked here if relevant or in the general jet forum.

KJ66 Upgrade

Old 11-19-2005, 05:37 PM
gregmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KJ66 Upgrade

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy the JG100 upgrade kit for the KJ66, it was designed by TJT and Artes a few years ago?

Greg
Old 11-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: KJ66 Upgrade

I haven't seen anything like that on the TJT site..have yoiu checked artes??
Old 12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

Greg

Both JA and TJT have focused towards selling complete turbines, (Jesus always seemed away in Mexico looking at production of the latest bees) I believe the essential upgrade parts (£680) maybe on offer if you email them direct. Alternatively abcmicroturbines.com in the UK have a KJ66 upgrade kit to develop 30lb thrust (£450)

Paul

Old 12-11-2005, 07:42 PM
gregmax

Thanks for the replies guys,

I remember seeing the JG100 upgrade (if that is what it was called?)on the Artes site a while ago but it is not there any more.
Also I have been unsuccessful in contacting Jesus Artes since September 2005 as I have a query with him since April 2005 and have been getting the run-around!!

I have posted a message in the Artes section of the Turbine Clinic to se if I can get any more help.

Greg
Old 03-26-2006, 09:25 PM
JET FX

Hi Greg, sorry for belated responce to your inquiry... re- KJ-66 conversion to JG-100 spec upgrade, I would suggest contacting Artes for info reguarding JG-100 components for the KJ-66. TJT now as of 2002 only manufacturers complete RTF designed turbine systems for commercial and hobby applications.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Gerald Rutten

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Greg, saw your question very late. I did a KJ66 to JG100 conversion with Alan Blackmun parts which are very wel made. Don´t know if he still does this has his site is down for a few months now, although he provided me always great service. My upgrade is not entirely done as per Artes design, did not copy the complicated bearing suspension system but used the normal shaft tunnel with the use of wavey washers. Turbine run´s excelent, 12kg of thrust @ 125K and 640 C° EGT. Acceleration very rapid!

Here a link on a dutch forum where I wrote a little review with pictures:
http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=26592

Also here a picture gallery with my engine components:
http://foto.modelbouwforum.nl/thumbnails.php?album=424

Contact me if you need any info, good luck.

Best regards,
Gerald
Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

Gerald

Excellent photos, thanks, though it will take me a little time to translate the text. Greg will be interested especially the story behind the turbine wheel The last I heard he had a wheel rubbing the NGV which was new from JA but had no luck getting it fixed. Also not sure if Alan Blackmun/ABCmicroturbine site is still live as no response to emails when I tried last year. The rear exhaust on yours looks just great and as good as any commercial offering. My JG100 looks agricultural in comparion as its still in a gas canister with gas instructions still readable[8D][8D]

Peter Chaffe's site 'Big Stuff' was lost when he moved provider (a great loss) though he looks after the GTBA site and his new 54mm diffuser also produces about 18lbs thrust, though 90 degrees different to the Wren Super diff.

Paul