RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   TJT Turbine Direct Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tjt-turbine-direct-support-203/)
-   -   Inquiry for TJT Setting Values (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tjt-turbine-direct-support-203/2837221-inquiry-tjt-setting-values.html)

Jai Young Shim 04-03-2005 06:56 AM

Inquiry for TJT Setting Values

Dear TJT freinds,

I got one TJT 3000 and first time to start engine. Unfortunately I lost the proper setting values of FADEC Auto ECU, in the course of re-setting values. The engine starts well and run quite well, but when we throttle up from idle, engine appearest to speed up but suddenly return to idle position, it sounds like oscilliating. Could you let us know the Acceleration and deccelation values and stable values too!

Your kind guide will be greatly supportive to me.

Thanks,

Jai Young Shim

Wayne22 04-03-2005 01:39 PM

RE: Inquiry for TJT Setting Values

I'm sure Marty will be by here shortly...there is a wealth of info on the TJT site. I found this there, perhaps it will help you:
http://www.tjt.bz/pdf/service4.pdf

My 3000 uses the TEMS ecu, so I'm not familiar with the fadec values at all.........

JET FX 04-03-2005 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Jai Young Shim

Dear TJT freinds,

I got one TJT 3000 and first time to start engine. Unfortunately I lost the proper setting values of FADEC Auto ECU, in the course of re-setting values. The engine starts well and run quite well, but when we throttle up from idle, engine appearest to speed up but suddenly return to idle position, it sounds like oscilliating. Could you let us know the Acceleration and deccelation values and stable values too!

Your kind guide will be greatly supportive to me.

Thanks,

Jai Young Shim

Hi Jai, Below you will find a list of all the parameters, if you find that you are having any further set up and operating difficulties please let me know and I will contact you directly to discuss operation settings etc.
The TJT-3000 currently uses the FADEC AU-303 Its primary function being to control and regulate the fuel pump, providing the TJT-3000 with necessary amount of fuel for safe, consistant and controlled operation. The TJT FADEC also measures the turbines exhaust gas temperature and relative position of the Tx throttle stick and turbines rotor speed. Also please be sure to check that your have pre set your (Tx) 'transmitter' throttle throws (ATV) to maximum, as some Tx's will be adjustable higher than manufacturers stock programmed setting.
Also be sure that your pump battery and Receiver batteries are always fully charged. The TJT FADEC will also monitor all of the turbine parameters of the TJT-3000's operation to guarentee the turbine stays within 'user' defined parameters, while also providing failsafe shutdown of the TJT-3000 if the FADEC ever detects any important anomaly.

The measurements made by the TJT FADEC AU-303 are:
*Exhaust Gas Temperatures (EGT).
*Pump battery voltage.
*Throttle pulse width from Tx.
*Turbine rotor RPM.
*Turbine total run time.
* External analog signal.

The TJT FADEC has two sets of adjustable parameter settings.
1. The 'User' parameters are adjustable through the supplied HDT (Hand Data Terminal) using normal menus.
2. The 'Factory' parameters are accessible by special procedure and are only accessible by the manufacturer, or under factory authorization.

Listed below are the TJT FADEC AU-303 standard factory settings for the TJT-3000 FADEC which are also 'User' accessible parameter settings.
* Throttle Tx radio throw adjust.
(maximum throttle travel percentage (ATV) should always be pre-programmed into your transmitter.
*Maximum RPM- 126,000 RPM.
*Idle RPM- 33,000 RPM.
*Stop RPM- 20,000 RPM.
*Minimum start temperature- 100 degrees C.
*Maximum run temp- 800 degrees C.
*Acceleration delay- 30.
*Deceleration delay- 30.
*Stability delay- 40-50.
*Pump start point- Auto+2.
*Pump start ramp- 003.
*Glow power- 25.

Jai I hope this helps you correct your FADEC settings. Please let me know if you have any other questions? You can also find many more hints and tips on the TJT web site rep/customer 'Tech Talk' forums, heres the link- http://www.TJT.bz/board/.

All the very best-

Jai Young Shim 04-03-2005 08:43 PM

Dear Nony and Ozcan,

Many many thanks for your quick & kind advice. I was deeply impressed of your kind guide. Actually, this engine belongs to one of my good freind who is now coming into jet world. He is building F-16 and F-18 and this engine is for them. I was helping him to learn and test engine. I am going to educate him a little about proper handling of this nice engine. As I have alreayd exprienced in FADEC manual start system, I have knowledge the parameters ar quite important bu unfortunately we lost that numbers during the first test run. We got the numbers from wrong source and changed the original values. We lost three glow plugs due to value was wrongly input with 110 !!!.

Anyhow, the engine start nicely and run quite impressively. As this was my first exprience of bigger engine than MW54, I am little bit exciting. Tomorrow, we have holiday and going to test it again on test bench.

Thanks a lot again and will report here after testing.

Best regards,

Jai Young Shim