Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

New Bright 1/10 1997 Corvette hobby conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

New Bright 1/10 1997 Corvette hobby conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Tyco Bandit King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bright 1/10 1997 Corvette hobby conversion

I decided I would convert one of the 97 Corvettes over to a hobby car to see how it performs.

1. Airtronics FM radio

2. Mamba Micro Pro

3. 11.1v lipo

4. HPI servo

I started out with a 7.4v lipo running it in the battery tray. It was faster than stock but still not very fast because the stock motor is low out put. So I thought I might try the 11.1v lipo to pick things up and its much faster. The motor is a 360 size and can be bought on ebay. Any motor besides this one will make it run much faster and they can be had new for just $3.00. the battery helps the traction being on the back but I will be re-arranging the electronics to keep the weight lower and help the handling. Even tho its not crazy fast yet its still a blat to drive at any speed. It still uses the same on/off switch positioning.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:43 PM
cobra69

Default RE: New Bright 1/10 1997 Corvette hobby conversion

Lol..That thing looks wild[8D] Please...Let's see more of your collection.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 AM
dukeofdream

Default RE: New Bright 1/10 1997 Corvette hobby conversion

you've got to be kidding me :P this was my first ever rc car...well it's more like a toy but anyway it was my first....i wish i didn't throw it to the garbage when i was still 8 years old...you just made me travel 15 years back my friend...Very nice Convertion!!!